World Championship For Women Brazil 2006

General ramblings and crankiness about the 2006 FIBA World Championship for Women. Occasional good read.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Brazil 81, China 75

I just feel like rehashing my old posts. Brazil beat China today in Guarulhos for the Eletrobrás International Cup. Again we had trouble defending the perimeter against China, so what else is new? Exactly, nothing. Same old, same old. Same plays, same players, same mistakes. The good news? Janeth is as reliable as ever. The bad news? That didn't get us anywhere before, it won't be now. Still I don't get the whole Êga shooting 3's thing. She's not Baranova or LJ. She can shoot, but she can't convert, does that make her better than a post player who will actually stay in the paint to grab rebounds?
The bad thing about Janeth coming back is that it kind of threw off the chemistry Izi had going on with Micaela and that was fun to watch. Although we knew all along that Micaela would be coming off the bench, I hope she gets to play starter's minutes, she's been our most effective defender outside the paint. Ok, against Spain tomorrow it'll be a physical game. Brazil and Spain have a little bit of a rivalry going on since Spain beat Brazil in the last World Champs and Brazil got their payback in Athens eliminating Spain in the quarter-finals. I think it's going to be a good game, not to mention a good barometer for how we match up since this will be our toughest game in the group stage and should determine which team finishes first.

Boxcore

Recap

Brazil will decide the title against Spain, which defeated Canada 80 to 61. Amaya Valdemoro has yet to play a minute for Spain and she's not expected to suit up for tomorrow's game because of an undisclosed injury. Interesting...Amaya certainly has good memories from her time with Unimed Americana where she won the national title, I hope she doesn't hold any grudge against us just because we made fun of this.
Game is tomorrow at 10:30 a.m. I'll see if I can find the energy to show up in Bagulhos, I mean, Guarulhos. Did I say I'm not a morning person?

Boxcore

Recap

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home