World Championship For Women Brazil 2006

General ramblings and crankiness about the 2006 FIBA World Championship for Women. Occasional good read.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

World Champs Day 2

Did I ever say that I hate being stuck in traffic? How about being stuck in traffic while Brazil is playing? Not to mention it was 100 degrees outside, I had the AC on max and I was still sweating. Not nice.
So I finally got to the arena in the 3rd quarter and Brazil had opened up a 9-point lead. In my first two minutes there, Korea gets within 4. I'm obviously bad news, I thought. It was temporary though. Helen hit a 3 that ignited a powerful run to finish the quarter. She played so much better. Izi and Micaela finally got going and we saw a lot of points on fast breaks. Our posts did a better job of establishing position earlier. They dominated the boards easily against a pretty young and short Korean team. Alessandra had a double-double with 20 points and 11 rebounds. Iziane led all scorers with 25 points and Helen contributed 19 points. For Korea, Yeon-Há Beon had 21 points. Janeth played fewer minutes as we're gonna need her against Spain, even if Valdemoro can't play.
Unfortunately, I will miss the game as I want to watch the Russians vs. the Americans for obvious reasons. Brazil has already qualified for the preliminary rounds (as have Australia, USA, and Russia. Surprise, surprise.), so I wanna see if the Russians will again play dead or challenge the US. In either case, the game won't be predictive of what might happen should these teams meet again later on.

Boxcore

Recap

Other results

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home